Missed out on the live panel? You can watch the recording at the bottom of this blog post.
The World Aviation Festival is one of the biggest events in the aviation industry. This year, the event was held virtually from 19-23 April 2021 and focused on the topic “Rebuild. Rethink. Recover.” The five-day event featured 105 speakers from the world's largest airlines, airports and travel technology leaders, sharing their tips and lessons learnt.
As a gold sponsor of the event, Datalex joined the panel “Will the pandemic trigger genuine retail and tech transformation for airlines in 2021?” on 20 April 2021.
Host: Henry Harteveldt - President, Atmosphere Research Group
- Conor OSullivan - Chief Product Officer, Datalex
- Stefan Cars - CEO, Snowfall
- Esamatti Vuolle - Head of Digital Commerce, Finnair
- Alison Taylor - Chief Customer Officer, American Airlines
- Johannes Walter - Head of Channel Partners, Lufthansa
The panel discussed the following:
- How have airlines restructured and where will be the challenges within commercial teams when scaling back up?
- As customer behaviours evolve due to the pandemic where are the opportunities for retailers?
- Will we see airlines embrace new models such as subscription-based services to help stimulate demand?
- How do airlines feel about NDC in 2021 and will it be embraced to help reduce distribution costs?
- What are the investments in retail that can help us recalibrate and rebuild at pace?
If you missed out on the live panel, you can watch the recording below: